Monday, July 20, 2009

JACKALOPE






International Cat Hat: France, Le Mieux by Stacy Mar
Yarn: Lion Brand's Wool Ease in Azalea Pink
Needle: US 6
Mods: I didn't do the M1L and M1R increases because I don't know how to do bar increases. When I do make M1 I wind the yarn around the needle, the opposite of doing a yarn over.
Would I knit this again? Yes, definitely. Susie needs one. Though I would try to find some yarn that's a tad floppy so it doesn't stand up straight when I put it on Arwen like the Swedish Chef's hat from the Muppets.


Another square! The May Ravelry square.
Hint of Spring by Sally Ives
Yarn: Variegated blue, purple and white; tan WW; purple WW - I know, not very "spring-y" are they.
Hook: I

ETA: Am I the only person that get's really excited when I can move some yarn from the "stash" tab on Ravelry to "all used up?" Yeah...thought so. :)

7 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

It's not too late to join in the quilt along...jump right in! ;0)

elociNNicole said...

haha. Your cat looks delighted to be wearing that lovely hat. Very cute.

rosehippo said...

Actually, she wasn't as pissed as I thought. Usually she cries if I even attempt to mess with her or pick her up. She's the loudest cat I've ever met, and I know a lot of kitties. Suprisingly, she didn't start crying; she just sat there for the pictures.

wildtomato said...

Arwen looks fetching in her beret! And her "not so pissed" looks is quite adorable as well. If we weren't meant to piss our cats off, why do they look so dang cute when they are pissed?

Thanks for sharing your blog link with me! I love seeing cats in hats. I'll have to pass it along on my blog, too (with your permission, of course).

rosehippo said...

wildtomato: Ha! She has like no dignity left. I've put her through so much! Oh well, it's true they do look adorable when they're angry!

And of course you can put Arwen on your blog! She'll love the publicity.

Hannah said...

Haha, too cute! I might love your hat model just as much as the hat itself! ;)

rosehippo said...

She looks so dashing in it, don't you think?