Monday, June 22, 2015
Sunday, November 4, 2012
My newest project, starting October 1, was another 365 photo project. Instead of Domos, I decided to do toys, that way I can incorporate my Blythes as well, other toys, and my growing collection of Legos since I've recently started working there. (!!!)
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Friday, September 21, 2012
Today I added four of my Little Ears hats to Sarah and I's joint Etsy shop. From top left, clockwise: Cold October Nights Little Ears, Happy Trails Little Ears, BOO! Little Ears, and Crayons Little Ears. I hope people are interested! I think they're really cute and I enjoy making them. Unfortunately no one bought the shawls and the listing expired, but there were faults with the photographs as well. In these I focused on what I was selling, the hats, rather than taking photographically nice pictures. In the top right one of Amie, the hat is in focus while she isn't. Normally I'd toss it, but I need to focus on the hat. And that reminds me, I need to introduce everyone - I'm up to 10 girls now!
I also made us a Twitter, so if you want Blythe updates, do follow: https://twitter.com/EssHippo
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Funko is most known for making bobbleheads, and their first one was the 'Big Boy' mascot of the Big Boy restaurant chain. (via)
What I've fallen in love with is their Pop! Vinyls. Cartoon characters, movie icons, musicians, and other well known figures have been created. But I want to show you a few of my favorites, aka ones that I need for my collection.
They have quite a few characters from the Nightmare Before Christmas film including Jack Skellington and the Mayor, but if I had to choose one I'd get Sally. She's my favorite, and "Sally's Song" is so touching.
I looooove Ugly Dolls! Babo is hands down my absolute favorite, though I'm not too sure I like him in this form. He lacks the... Baboishness that the little ones have. That blank stare... I don't know how to describe it.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Monday, March 26, 2012
5 dollies, countless clothes and accessories bought, photographs taken, nights spent researched and swapping wigs later I'm still in love with them. Sarah and I started a blog dedicated to them and an Etsy shop to making adorable clothes and accessories. We're even going to BlytheCon in Manchester in October, the ultimate, ultimate of Blythe collecting, where I hope to meet a lot more of Blythe buddies!
This has been a great hobby, though not cheap, but I am excited to see what the next years of dolly collecting bring!
Monday, February 13, 2012
- Well I had this big post planned... 13 days ago at the end of January about *hooray!* I had completed 31 days of A Domo a Day and was going to put a big mosaic up bug BigHugeLabs wasn't working. I tried about 3 times to make one and it just kept failing so I'm not sure whose fault it was. Hopefully it will work later today. I was going to talk about my favorite and least favorites and would be able to see if I had used any Domos too much, which I most likely have, and if I've used my phone too much, which I most likely have as well.
- I haven't been good at blogging and crafting, so I need to start doing those two things again. I have a lot of things to say and a lot of crafts to finish for people, and when the crafts are finished, they need their pictures taken and need to be blogged. One big circle. And my poor Domo blog probably hasn't been updated since January 15th. Oops.
- I still haven't finished Christmas presents.
- I adopted two more Blythes, Quinn and Mimi, who's a vampire! One of my Blythe goals has been met!
- I applied for graduation. (!!!)
- I really need a job.
- Especially since I really want to adopt the newest Blythe that's coming out, Alexis Emerald.
- I wrote a big post about her on Sarah and I's blog, so you should check that out HERE.
- I bought items to customize my faceless Barbie, but I really need to clean and organize so I have room but where do I begin? Where does all that stuff go if I don't have a place for it in the first place?
- I have plans to customize Quinn, and I think give Mimi some new chips, because what vampire doesn't have black chips (I thought they were, but they're slightly brown) and I'm not sure if I'm happy with her blues, they're not Mick St. John-ish enough. At least she has ghostly whites. I don't know about her other ones, red? And she came with a horrid Simply Mango scalp, but now has a black wig, but needs a proper skull cap so she doesn't have an odd bump in the back. The wig isn't horrid, it's actually divine, which is why she has a wig, I didn't want to sell it, but it doesn't work for Mimi. But what other eye color do vampires have? Maybe a grey, so she'll look halfway normal.
- And what about Quinn's eyes? Hmm.
- And I really want to dedicate days to customizing Monster High,
- And days to knitting and crocheting and sewing for Blythes. Can I do that...?
- I'm also really behind on Flickr, too. I have pictures from when I only had two Domos and it was still autumn outside. Sheesh.
- This is me, rambling at 2.05 AM like I don't have a paper to write tomorrow and then class in the evening. I just find it easier to do things at night and sleep during the day, and for some reason people think I'm 'lazy.' It's weird what we judge people on, isn't it?
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Disco said he can't get his glitz wet or he'll rust. No one's really convinced, but he's allowed the HMS Hippo just in case.
Well, more like praising a glass of chocolate milk, but you get the idea. And of course chocolate milk. That's the only milk Domos will drink.
Everyone was so excited to dress up for the Domo Formal. Hawaii Five-Domo said his date was going to be late, but no one really believes him. Disco and Grimace treat everyone to a traditional Candy Cane Dance to bring peace and good luck to the new year.
"C'mon guys, leap!"
All: "We ARE leaping!"
No, your feet can't be touching the tub. You need to get lift, get into the air.
All: "We ARE lady!"
Hawaii to Disco: "We're leaping...right?"
Disco: "It feels like it!"
(Bonus points for finding Adalind.)
Wait...piping, you guys are supposed to be piping! I thought we went over this yesterday!
Pink Mama Domo: We're cleaning pipes... with pipe cleaners. Thus piping.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Please forgive me.
I have plans for you, though.
I have many posts for you.
I'm going to give you a complete makeover.
I'm going to fix the pages at the top.
I'm going to post here whenever something happens, be it something actually crafty or Blythe related.
I thought about abandoning you and starting a Blythe blog.
But we can never leave our first, can we?
We've been through so much.
So you might eventually turn into a blog dedicated more to dolls and dolly crafts, but I'm sure you won't mind.
And hello followers! I hope you're still there.
I have a list of "10 things since I last posted" post.
And then all those posts.
But my dear little OnePinkHippo, first ever blog, first craft blog, blog that started all the madness: I haven't abandoned you!
So be prepared for your makeover and plenty of posts.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Monday, December 19, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Although, this means I'll justify buying plenty of Blythe dresses and such as being "therapeutic."
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
I crocheted it up quick using some bulky yarn and an H hook, while watching Terra Nova and House M.D. I also had a migraine, so I'm sure I could make one an hour, at least, without interruptions, like wandering around to get snacks, or laughing at silly commercials.