Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Altered Stitch, Los Angeles, California

I just got back from Los Angeles (pictures soon!) and of course found a yarn store!


We were staying in Valley Village and there was an adorable yarn store a short walk away and they were having a sidewalk sale and had yarn marked down all the way to $1!  It was an adorable store, full of wonderful people and beautiful yarn.  I wanted to buy the whole store, but only got away with a few skeins.


I got all this, plus two more skeins that are going to my good friend Sarah in England, but I want them to be a surprise, plus a Vogue Knitting for only $50!  Oh, the little pink ball on the left isn't from the Altered Stitch.  More on that guy later.)


I got three skeins of this lusciousness.  80% wool, 20% nylon superwash merino wool blend, Hachito yarn by Mirasol Yarns.  


I got one skein of Hachito in a different shade.


I got two skeins creamy white white splotches of pink and brown as well.  This is superwash merino,  Delicious Yarns Taffy in Butter Cream from Valley Village, California.  Yay for local yarns!


Then two incredibly decadent 100% silk from India, it's Duke by Silkindian.  It was originally $29.75, and I got it for $5!!  

It was an adorable store, and I highly recommend it.


And then we stopped in a store where everything was $2 and I found some adorable kitty yarn, and I had to buy some.  (One of these is coming your way, Sarah!)

Next post:  Los Angeles photos!

1 comment:

Ksunshine52 said...

Looks like a lovely shop to visit. Beautiful yarn picks!