Thursday, July 23, 2015

Gretchen

I finished my first color work project!



Gretchen's Easy Tam by Lion Brand Yarn
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Wheat; Loops & Threads Impeccable in Folklore
Needles: US 8
Dates: July 18 - 22, 2015

I think it's too big, but I took it to my therapy group and showed them and after oo-ing and aah-ing over it they came to the conclusion it was a perfect size.  I had been working on it there for the past few days.  I wish I had the time to make everyone in the group a hat; I met some lovely people.
 It looks pointy at the top, and there's a picture on Ravelry where it looks pointy on my head too, but in the picture above it looks okay.  Plus I can wear it as a slouchy hat.

I'm really proud of it.  My first time doing stranding and reading charts, and it came out beautifully!  Albeit a tad big.

I would definitely knit this hat again, and I already have planned to, this time following gauge (oops!) and using wool so I'd be able to block it easier than acrylic.  (Steam blocking scares me.  I don't want to melt the yarn!)

All in all, it's a fun, cute pattern, and it looks 5 times more complicated than it actually is.  I feel like I can tackle more complicated charts and color work now!

ETA:  Like me on Facebook!

2 comments:

CJG said...

I love the colors you chose, and great job on tackling what looks like (to a beginner knitter like me) a complicated pattern! And, I agree, I think it fits well!

Esshaych said...

Love it! :D