Sunday, September 19, 2010

Favorite Things Friday.

Instead of blogging about all the new FOs I have and their accompanying pictures (which, if you're really excited about, you can view on  Ravelry) I've decided to bring back an old feature, Favorite Things Friday!  Today's features the yarn I bought at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio:


Yummy goodness!

At the top we have Homespun in Painted Desert. It's going to be a scarf for my mom. I didn't want to do boring, plain old garter stitch, so I found THIS pattern on Ravelry. I think it'll be interesting, not just to knit, but to wear as well.

Then we have Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Raspberry. It's going to go with some other T&Q I have in Taupe that was supposed to be for a boyfriend but we broke up. Anyway, it's going to be a Bold and Bulky Mini Cardi by Stefanie Japel. I figured "hey, I'm here, mind as well buy it!"

Then I bought two skeins of Amazing in Mesa. It's going to go towards the Shoreline Lace Shawl. I did a swatch in some plain cotton on size 10s and it wasn't bad at all:


Sugar 'n Creme
US 10s
CO 17, two pattern repeats.

I'm excited to cast on and get working! The story behind it: one of the employees had a gorgeous knit shawl/scarf and I asked her about it.  Long story short, I went back downstairs to the shop itself and snatched up two skeins and went home to find a simple lace shawl/scarf to make. I think this will work perfectly!

Upcoming:
1. Secret FOs, once they're received.
2. Baby gator!
3. Afghans and future projects, which is still from the 3 part post session a while back. Oops.

No comments: