Tuesday, October 26, 2010

14. The Ripple Blanket

This is the fourth part in a 16 set of posts of things I need to blog about. See more information here.

So I'd really like to make a ripple-ghan. But I have a few concerns. First, the yarn issue. I already have two scrapghans going, so I don't want another one of those. I have a bag full of yarn:

There's red, peach, two whites, green, yellow, and a pink.

that I already have slated for an afghan, but I'm not sure if this is enough. I want to make it wide enough to cover myself, but don't want to run out at the end. And if I make it too short width-ways, I don't want it to come out as a rectangle. I don't want to make a small baby blanket either. It's not like I know what brand this yarn is either, because it's unlabeled. (I'm just assuming it's acrylic because it came from the thrift store.)

And I was also wondering what kind of color combination to do. Should I (a) have a set color combo, like green, red, white, etc. (b) do it completely randomly, like picking numbers or something out of a hat or (c) do color, white, color, white, color, white? Grah.

My original plan for this yarn was to make knit blocks from 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton and then make an afghan. I'm starting to think I should stick with that and give up on doing a ripple with this yarn.

1 comment:

Esshaych said...

Decisions, decisions!! I quiet like white, colour, white, colour - but you would need alot of white :S