Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 10: Do you have a favorite pattern or designer?

I don't have a favorite "go to" pattern, except for washcloth ones, but I do have some favorite designers:

  • Anna Hrachovec of Mochimochi Land. I was lucky enough to take a class with her to learn how to make her adorable baby gators. I love her quirky knit amigurumis. 
  • Beth Doherty of GourmetAmigurumi. Another amigurumi maker, this time working in the traditional crochet. I love the colors she uses and how she adds fabric and other cute details to give her creations personality. 
  • Jared Flood of Brooklyn Tweed. Just go look at his beautiful knit designs and photographs. Go. He really has an understanding of fibers and knitting construction, and his designs are just fabulous.
  • Lucy of Attic24. I am incredibly jealous of the colors this woman uses. It's like a color-gasm reading her blog. As a fellow color lover, I am enamored. 
  • Jan Eaton. She's my afghan square goddess, author of both 200 Crochet Blocks and 200 Knit Blocks. Check out her Ravelry design page; she's done a lot more than these two amazing books. (And these books are totally necessary for every knitter and/or crocheter.) 
  • Stefanie Japel. I have Fitted Knits and I want to knit everything from it. I just love the sweaters and cardis and such she designs; they can fit in any wardrobe. Her blog is a good read as well. 
  • Hansi Singh. I first found her on Ravelry with four of her realistic amigurumis: a cuttlefish, octopus, dumbo octopus and squid. Since she's expanded to include more patterns (like a chameleon) and wrote a book, Amigurumi Knits. In comparison to Mochimochi Land's and Gourmet Amigurumi's amigurumis, Singh's are more realistic, rather than cutsey and kawaii, but they're cute in their own right.

No comments: