Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 17: Have you ever had a project that you loved become ruined? What’s the story behind it?

This was one of my first "real" projects. I think it was the first one after I graduated from simple garter stitch scarves. It was a 1x1 rib with a slit in it. After you were finished, you'd gather the ends together and have two pom poms.

Here it is modeled by Muttsey: 


I was really thrilled, because it was a muted camouflage color yarn, and I had beige worsted to make the pom poms. I think I wore it twice and a pom pom fell off. 

After a few dozen failed attempts at making pom poms (they're difficult to get so even!) and my cats being loaded down with pom pom toys, I decided to just give it a fringe.


It's not nearly as cool. If I still have it, I should suck it up and make some pom poms for it, because it really was cute, and I worked hard on it. This was back in the day when 1x1 ribbing was a pain in the ass, and doing that slit in the middle was the hardest thing I had ever done. 

No comments: