Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Meet Adalind

I bought another Blythe for myself as a motivation present, as I had a mini breakdown a few weeks ago and needed something to help me get back into going to classes (and getting out of bed, period), as well as an early end of the semester/birthday/Christmas present. She wasn't due until around the time of finals, but arrived early. I was so thrilled I decided to open her up! Meet Adalind


We have a new sister!

The girls were really excited!


Zooey was so excited!

Zooey was especially thrilled, since when Lola came Zooey was in pieces. Zooey was quite dismayed when she was put back together and Coral had made fast friends with Lola. 

The Domos are confused as to why Adalind came in such a big box, and as to why she really isn't shaped like a Domo.

The Domos are familiar with boxes, since they order so many of themselves, but they were a little confused as to why this box was so big, and what that big headed thing was inside.

Goodness Domos, she hasn't even gotten out of the box yet before you start stealing her things.

...so the Domos tried to make off with her accessories. They're like little kids, I swear. (But she did come with some neat accessories. Sunglasses and an awesome leather jacket, as well as a necklace that I'm having trouble joining round her neck because it's so tiny, and some kick ass boot that I want in my size!)

"Uh, can you get me out of here...please...? Soon? ...like NOW?"

She was a little miffed I was taking so many pictures rather than taking her out.

Domos are great at unpacking.

The Domos thought they could take her out of the plastic, but she was not having it! She's quite vain about her hair.

Her little jacket is so awesome!

Here she is, fresh and clean from cardboard and plastic. She's quite the drama queen. She's told the girls she's a model from California and talks in a British accent, dahling this and dahling that, much to Lola's displeasure. She's already gone through the girl's wardrobe and decided that none are really her style, so she needs me to make her something real quick. She's an RBL* mold, though, my first different mold from Coral and Zooey, who are FBLs,** not counting Lola. She doesn't have the same "cuteness;" she looks more sophisticated.  She's my first doll with extra long hair, (I cut Lola's to mid thigh length) so I'm having a ball being able to braid it and have more freedom to give her updos. It's a bit staticy, so I think all three girls (poor Lola) are going to be in for a Spa Day. 

I have some more pictures of her I have to upload, as well as an adventure of Domos outside in the leaves, and a lot of Blythe dresses. Also Sarah and I's joint venture, EssHippo Blythes, is really taking off, and we are opening an Etsy shop! I think she'll have items in it sooner, as I'm still doing Christmas gifts, but Adalind helped me make the first prototype! They're currently just called Little Ears hats, but I have a lot of plans for them including colors and decorations:

New hat!

I crocheted it up quick using some bulky yarn and an H hook, while watching Terra Nova and House M.D. I also had a migraine, so I'm sure I could make one an hour, at least, without interruptions, like wandering around to get snacks, or laughing at silly commercials.

I always say I need to get better at blogging, but instead of saying it, I need to just do it! Here's to more posts in the near future!

*RBL: "Radiance" Blythe mold: fourth Blythe mold; possibly closest to the original Kenner; largest eyes; first released in 2005
**FBL: "Fairest" Blythe mold: first released in 2009; my personal favorite mold

No comments: