Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Daddy's Day!

Happy Father's Day! My Daddy's Father's Day wasn't as spectacular as I planned; I had a migraine this morning and he had to make his own breakfast, but I think I definitely made up for it in dinner and dessert. The weather looked like rain, so we didn't do anything, but he got to relax and got a good dinner. He always likes my food.

For dinner I made L.A. Burgers, recipe from the new Food Network Magazine and you can find it HERE. It had avacado relish and I used spinach instead of watercress because I couldn't find the latter. But my parents still liked it. I didn't have the relish because I'm not an onion or avocado fan, but I'm glad they enjoyed. The recipe may be taken to Lake George with my in August to make for my grandparents. I learned that avocado is a PITA to work with. If it's not ripe enough, it's terribly hard to get that pit out and when you try to peel the skin of, it goes flying. If it's too ripe, it's mushy mush. And for some reason my kitteh Susie was crying to eat some. I have no idea why; she doesn't like fruit and vegetables. Add to that, I've lost my onion goggles and my eyes are still burning. But they were apparently yummy, so all is good.

For dessert (we haven't tried these yet) I made Iced Tea Cupcakes with Lemon Iced Tea frosting, recipe from Hannah Kaminsky ya'als can find HERE. Both my parents are iced tea addicts, especially my Dad, so I thought this was perfect. Me, not so much, but I tasted the batter and it wasn't bad.
ETA: Good cupcakes, but the frosting is really, really sweet.
ETA2: Whenever I saw this (ETA) on sites and stuff, I always wondered why they were writing about the Estimated Time of Arrival. It just dawned on me it's Edited To Add. Do'h.

I HAVE TOMATOES! *does happy dance*

I also have handspun yarn from Ravelry user Bibby. She wanted my Crystal Palace Yarns Trio merino and silk and it is so soft I just want to bathe in it. I have to find the perfect pattern.

I think the colorway is Woodland Greens. This picture does it no justice at all, I'll try to get an outdoor shot tomorrow. It's so scrumptious.

I also have a kitteh named Susie.

~*~

There's also a yarn contest going on over at Vegan Craftastic. She's giving away a skein of Berroco's Comfort Sock, which is apparently vegan sock yarn. We had to pick our favorites from her Etsy store, mine is the Nesting Pattern which I have been eyeing for some time. I'd buy it right up but I have too many patterns printed and yarn that needs to be used before I go shopping. Go check out the blog and shop!

~*~

But that doesn't keep me from buying a book on amigurumi from Herrschner's! Their entire new catalog is ALL YARN. Momma mochaxlight is going to get some yarn to make me a George Mason scarf, and I'm debating on whether or not getting needle sweaters to keep my DPNs in check. Decisions decisions.

P.S. Happy Daddy's day to all the Daddy's out there! And ILU Daddy!

No comments: