Thursday, June 18, 2009

No More Cold Fingers When Eating Ice Cream

First Father's Day Gift complete:



Brain Freeze! by Drew Emborsky aka The Crochet Dude
Yarn:
Lily Sugar 'N Creme in Black, Peaches 'N Creme in Red and Faded Denim
Hook: I (5.5mm)
Mods: I don't know what pint of ice cream Drew measured, but I had to make it 10 inches, not 7.5 inches. It fits a pint of Ben and Jerry's perfectly.
Crochet again? Probably not. I had a time trying to dc into the chain without it twisting, the bobbles are weird (insert hook in st indicated, yo pull up loop, ch 3, yo pull through both loops on hook) and aren't really visible and I'm not sure I was doing back post double crochet correctly. Also for some reason when I crochet (and knit) in the round, I'm working inside out and at the end I have to flip it right side out. I wonder if this is going to cause problems when I get to advanced colorwork. And when I did the Umbilical Cord Hat, I had to yank the i-cord through the top hole thus stretching some stitches. But it's not as neat as Drew's nor did it come out like I expected. If my Daddy doesn't like it, I'll understand.

Now I just have to make my Daddy his tie, go to the grocery store for his avocado burgers and figure out if and what kind of dessert. Maybe a key lime pie. I think he likes those.

P.S. I still have a migraine.

P.P.S. I should be getting some handspun wool in the mail soon. Eeee!

No comments: