Wednesday, August 5, 2009

#6, #13, #31, #35, #36, #38, #94, #100, #101

#6. Donate blood three times.
I'm really going to try to do this this semester, but whenever the blood bus comes on campus, I'm always walking to class, and after class it's always gone. I should try to see when it's actually coming. But if I'm on a lot of different medications, can I still give blood? Hm. Must research. I still want to donate. Even if it ends up in the refrigerator of Mick St. John. :E

#13. Have over $15,000 in my ING account by the time this list is finished.
I have $1,057.66! Go me! Of course I just want to cheat and like $300 in, but that's not the idea.

#31. Buy all the Harry Potter movies and see the ones that are released while this list is in progress. (1/5; 0/3)
I just bought Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and watched it this weekend. All the kids were so young! I also plan on seeing Half Blood Prince Sunday with some pals. Even though it was my least favorite book, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. Damn I love me some Weasleys.

#35. Knit a sweater.
I have three sweaters planned: first the $5 in Paris by Anna Peck in my Murphy's Mart Wintuk in Brite Pink from my friend, the Cozy V-Neck Pullover With Deep Ribbing from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel in TLC Amore in Fawn, and the 97-18 Tailored Cardigan from DROPS design in the yarn from my unraveled sweater. Oh, I also want to make a Weekend Retreat Cardi, but I'm not sure if that will count. It's not really what I had in mind when I made the list. When I made the list, I had planned to make the $5 in Paris in Caron Simply Soft, but I bought and acquired more yarn for other sweaters, and the CSS I had planned to use are slated for other projects. Now just comes the tough decision of deciding which one to knit first!

#36. Knit a pair of socks.
For Christmas I was given 8 skeins of awesome sock yarn and gorgeous needles. Before I start working with the serious nice stuff though, I want to practice, so I plan on using a skein of baby yarn to practice my socks. I also plan to start them when I'm on vacation. Socks here we come! Once I knit socks and a sweater, I will be a bonafide knitter, not just some kid with needles and some string.

#38. Deplete my fabric and yarn stash and #39. Sew two quilts (0/2)
I'm participating in the Block a Day 9 Patch Quilt a Long! I'll be doing a 9 patch block every day for 70 days. (I'm a week behind, so it'll be longer, and for the past three days I haven't done them. Oops. I'll catch up tomorrow.) I'm really excited. I'm using all my remnants that I received in the "shopping bag full of remnants for $10" from Hancock Fabrics, so I'm depleting my stash and sewing a quilt. I'm not sure what's going to happen when I come to the quilting part, since the arm of machine is kinda small. Hm. I also need to finish my mini "Owl and the Pussycat" quilt. I have an idea to use the scraps to cut 2.5" blocks out for a border, like THIS quilt's border. Watch my craft blog for updates every Sunday. (See: Squares on Sunday!)

#94. Take my car to it's inspection/oil changes instead of my mom.
Though I haven't taken my car by itself, I am getting better about being more responsible for my car. (Gosh, I'm spoiled.) I've had two air valve mishaps in the past two weeks, and had to take it to NTB to get everything fixed. Even though she went with me (she has the monies) I handled everything. I'm not going to mark this as complete though until I take the car for an inspection/oil change/repair/what have you by myself.

#100. Complete Keri Smith's 100 ideas. (9/100)
I've completed three more. The first was 94. List ten of your habits. Not sure if they're good or bad. Some include: I pull on my left earlobe when I'm nervous, I make up my bed before I sleep, and I can't have my food touch on the plate. (Ha, I've been like that for forever. Drives me crazy.) I also 17. Go to a paint store. Collect "chips" of all your favorite colors. on July 29th. My mom and I were in Wal-Mart, and they have a paint section and I picked some nice colors. I didn't want to just walk into a paint store and take random colored chips without any purpose. I'm too lazy to scan the colors in. Maybe another time. And last but not least: 5. Find a piece of poetry you respond to. Rewrite it and glue it into your journal. I found Sonnet XX by my favorite poet Pablo Neruda.

Here it is:

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
Write, for instance: “The night is full of stars,
and the stars, blue, shiver in the distance.”

The night wind whirls in the sky and sings.
I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.

On nights like this, I held her in my arms.
I kissed her so many times under the infinite sky.

She loved me, sometimes I loved her.
How could I not have loved her large, still eyes?

I can write the saddest poem of all tonight.
To think I don’t have her. To feel that I’ve lost her.

To hear the immense night, more immense without her.
And the poem falls to the soul as dew to grass.

What does it matter that my love couldn’t keep her.
The night is full of stars and she is not with me.

That’s all. Far away, someone sings. Far away.
My soul is lost without her.

As if to bring her near, my eyes search for her.
My heart searches for her and she is not with me.

The same night that whitens the same trees.
We, we who were, we are the same no longer.

I no longer love her, true, but how much I loved her.
My voice searched the wind to touch her ear.

Someone else’s. She will be someone else’s. As she once
belonged to my kisses.
Her voice, her light body. Her infinite eyes.

I no longer love her, true, but perhaps I love her.
Love is so short and oblivion so long.

Because on nights like this I held her in my arms,
my soul is lost without her.
Although this may be the last pain she causes me,
and this may be the last poem I write for her.


#101. Save for a pug.
I changed this one to say Save for Owen the pug. I want a pug and I want to name him Owen! I want to get one so bad. And I see adorable ones like Violet who was feature in a photoshoot from Fat Orange Cat Studios HERE and I want to go out and buy one RIGHTNOW. But I need to save money so I can buy his food and accessories, and pay for his vet bills. Because pugs have funny noses, they some times require surgery to fix their nose so they can breathe better. I want to make sure I have money to provide for little Owen.

No comments: