I know it's early, but I just disovered Pier 1 Imports and went on a little Christmas spree. Add Christmas music playing in Michael's and I'm in the mood. So what better way to celebrate and not do homework than a Christmas survey?!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, unless it's weird to wrap like a triangle.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artifical! We have two, one big one for the main room and I have my own personal PINK tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December. Not too close to Thanksgiving, and I like it up for my birthday.
4. When do you take the tree down? Meh, when we get to it? When the grocery stores start selling Valentine's Day stuff.
5. Do you like eggnog? Never experienced.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh gosh, I love everything I get. Each year I have a favorite. Well, I did really like my Ninendo 64. And my American Girl Dolls. Aw.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My daddy. UGH. He likes history, so if I go to Border's there's always the problem of trying to find a book we don't have (very difficult) and then chances are that he likes it are very small. Things we think he likes, he doesn't. We stay with clothes, and books from his list. And scarves. He likes scarves. Especially the homemade variety.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom, or the Girls. (aka the cats)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, from Mexico.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? EMAIL CHRISMAS CARDS? That's a travesty. Mail always.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Chia pet. Aha.
12. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Jambalaya two years ago. Though since I was baking all day, I didn't get to it until like 4, and had to make two batches, one extra spicy and one mild, so all evening everyone's in the kitchen furiously chopping veggies and meat. We ate at like 9 PM, compared to my grandparents at 2. Ha. it was yummy though.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Summer?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Re-gift? Heck yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? GINGERBREAD, and Starbucks hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint. Mmm, so tasty.
16. Lights on the tree? Yeah, but I don't like when they blink. It throws the whole thing off.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I WANT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS. Ha. Go figure! And Last Christmas, by George Michael. Or Jimmy Eat World, their cover is good, too.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. Every other Christmas we'd go up to my grandparents in upstate New York, and Santa always had to come early. I hated it. Sure, the family was fun, but I just wanted to stay at home with my stuff in my house.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? I think we have a fabric angel I made in elementary school. See, crafty from birth.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning! Now since I'm not 5 and don't wake up at 6 AM screaming SANTA, SANTA, we can at least wait until after breakfast.