Thursday, February 11, 2010

#13, #14, #25, #62, #73, #100

Oh my dear 101, how I've forgotten about you! I need to get things crackin again over here.

13. Have over $15,000 in my ING account by the time this list is complete.
I currently have 1,513.18. Bitch what! I need to start putting more cash in there, though.

14. Start an Australia fund.
I think I may change this to a Travel Fund.  At first it was Ireland, now Australia, and now I want to change it to France and/or Sweden.  Travel Fund would be best.


25. Read the books I own but have never read or don't remember reading before buying any more. LIST HERE. (5/56)
I finished reading The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton. (RIP)  It was pretty good, not as good as Prey or Next, but still good.  It's weird that it was written in 1969 and dealt with a disease and such, and it really hit home with H1N1.  It reminded me of a short story by Stephen King written in the 1970s (I believe) that dealt with the same premise.  It was spooky.  In any Crichton novel there's a ton of technical information, too.  I learned a lot, but at the same time it was interesting and quite a good read.

62. Spend more time exploring DC.
Over the break, a few friends and I wanted to go to Eastern Market.  We didn't know Eastern Market was closed on Monday, which was quite disappointing, but we walked around the hill and found this really awesome bookstore.




 

  

  

  


 

  

  

The store was also featured in the Washington Post Magazine. I plan to do more exploring once the weather warms up... and this string of blizzards ends.


73. Learn German.
Can I change this to learn French?  Or Swedish?  I'm currently [attempting to] teach myself French.  We'll see how that goes.

100. Complete Keri Smith’s 100 ideas (14/100)
I don't know if I've honestly finished 14 or not.  I really need to go through these and see which one I've finished and get a proper inventory, and then I can start to finish them.  I really like her prompts, too.

No comments: