Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hello all!

I know, I know, I skipped this past week's Squares on Sunday's update, but I am still doing squares. I'll just have a big wrap up post this weekend, and there's another granny - a - day CAL for May so I'll do that, too! I finished Inga's bag, but am having trouble figuring out the lining so for the time being it's unusable. I also put aside making hexagons from my British DK wool and acrylic mix and have decided to bust my acrylic stash using the same pattern. I'll make a hex a day and join as I go as the last round will be in white. Big dotty acrylic fab blanket at the end! Pictures soon. And pictures from Richmond too, where I was this weekend. I had a fantastic time! :]

May's going to be a busy month. First there's the CAL, and Every Day in May Round II! First though, the first week of May is Polaroid Week, from the 3rd to the 7th. You can take two shots a day and post them in the Flickr pool, and film comes in a pack of 10 which is perfect. I haven't used my Polaroid in far too long. Unfortunately I think the film's expired, but it'll just make more interesting shots. Sadly I don't even know if I can get film anymore since they stopped producing it.

Every Day in May Round II! I had so much fun last year with it I'm going to do it again, but this year we're going to have some rules:
  1. All pictures must be taken on Charlie (my Canon Rebel). None of those cheap cell phone shots this year. Which means wherever I go Charlie goes, too because...
  2. The pictures must be representative of the day (at least a little). I know some days I stay in bed all day, so a picture of my bed isn't going to count, but if I go to DC then I should take a picture of the trip. I'm not sure how this is going to work, but I'm aiming for it.
  3. And the last, they shouldn't be snapshots, they should be more artistic. Instead of just doing something everyday, which I know I can do, I should make it harder and strive for something each day, so following these rules to produce an artistic shot that is representative of what I did on that specific day in May should be good.
I haven't decided if I'll post them every day on here and Flickr, or just do a weekly update or whatever, but you'll know soon enough.


~

No comments: