Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stupid kitchen.

Ever have one of those days where everything's just off? That's been going on since Sunday in the culinary arts. I tried making vegan Chesapeake tempeh cakes and they didn't turn into cakes, they barely stayed together. I left the mixture in the fridge for a day or two, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. My dad believes it's because there was no meat. It was really spicy, too, and I just served it slightly browned over rice. Then Monday I tried to make Thai curry chicken, and used curry powder instead of paste and it combined with the coconut milk was just disgusting. It had no flavor, all I could taste was the sweet (and nasty) coconut milk. UG. Then yesterday I tried to make olive oil and rosemary rolls which turned out a big fat mess. The dough wouldn't accept any more flour, so there wasn't 3 1/4 cups, there was only about 2 1/2, which means when I added the oil and rosemary mixture it smelled good but was gooey and nasty. It didn't rise at all, and I think it's because I killed the yeast. I used the yeast thermometer which didn't really work but the yeast didn't bubble or anything when I added it to the water. I know it's not old because I just bought it. I was so upset I didn't make the meat turkey balls and haven't been in the kitchen today either, screwing up dinner. Tomorrow I'm going back in the kitchen, and hopefully won't have another disaster.

But it's ok, know why KNOW WHY? Because I found a knit Admiral Ackbar, that's why:

No comments: