- women with migraines are 30% less likely to develop breast cancer than those that don't.
- 28 million people suffer from migraines.
- when you get one: a drop of serotonin triggers the nervous system to release neuropeptides which travel to the outer covering of the brain. there they react with the blood vessels thus causing them to expand. this accounts for the pain and throbbing.
- classic migraine: prodrome/premonition (auras [pulsing, blinding light and vision 15 minutes to an hour before; through and after], feelings of elation, cravings for sweets, irritability, depression, thirst, drowsiness)
- common migraine: no prodrome
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Who gets a migraine on Cinco de Mayo?
Stupid timing. Anyway, just some facts I found from my old journals: