Friday, July 30, 2010

#15, #36, #54, #62, #64

5. Get a job and keep it.
I’m working on it! I applied to the Lakeshore Learning Center, but they never got back to me. I filled out two applications to Forever 21 at the two closest malls, and while I was there I picked up 6 applications: Yankee Candle, The Icing, Charlotte Russe, Gymboree, and two Victoria’s Secret. I turned in a VS, Yankee Candle and Icing Thursday, and had an interview with the Icing to which they never got back to me.  I had an interview with a Forever 21 Monday, and haven't heard back.  I was a bit frazzled at that interview, and she only liked my availability, and asked me two questions about customer service, one of which I just blurted out "I'VE NEVER WORKED IN RETAIL."  Horrible, horrible.  But I really need a job, not because I need money, and really want to move, but because I'm tired of sitting around doing nothing.  Sure, there's plenty of things I could be doing, but you know when you get bored with all the free time and then don't feel like doing anything?  I know if I worked, I'd appreciate and look forward to my days off and actually get something productive done.  I really need to work on that.

Update:  So they apparently called me back Monday at 8 for a second interview/fill out paperwork sesh, but they called 7888 instead of 1888 and I didn't get the message till this morning!  I called and they understood, and they wanted me to come in at 4, but I had a migraine, I'll be in on Monday and hopefully they'll give me the job!  *crosses fingers*

36. Knit a pair of socks.
I turned a heel! Or I guess this is the gusset?



The next part is picking up stitches, so I’m waiting for when I don’t have a migraine and when I’m not knitting in front of the TV to start. I can’t wait to wear them.

54. Knit/crochet 50 dishcloths. (10/50)
#10 for my friend’s mom, Mrs. Goldwater.  When I get a decent picture, I''ll post it.  This is half:


Update with a decent picture!



62. Spend more time exploring DC.
My boyfriend and I went down the other day and had a blast. It was places I’ve already been to, so I guess it doesn’t count as much, but I haven’t been there in ages and he hadn’t been there at all! We went to the National Gallery of Art, the gallery’s sculpture garden, and across the mall to the Hirshhorn’s sculpture garden. It was a photo quest, so check out the pictures on Flickr, HERE are all the digital ones, and HERE are the two rolls of film we used, one using the Fisheye, the other the Supersampler.

64. Go to NYC again.
My boyfriend’s moving to NYC. :( Even though it’s really sad that I won’t be able to see him everyday, I’ll be visiting a ton and hopefully move there! *crosses fingers* We already have a visit planned at the end of August: we’re going to go to the Autolux show either the 26th or the 28th, and the 29th I’m taking a class at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio! It’s by Anna Hrachevoc, of Mochimochi Land Fame. Details HERE! I’m going to make a mini gator!

No comments: