Wednesday, November 3, 2010

1. The "What to Do in November?" Problem

This is the sixth part in a 16 set of posts of things I need to blog about. See more information here.

It's November 3rd, and I haven't gotten this post up (or made my mind up) about what exactly to do for the month. I wanted to do a "do something every day" type thing, or at least something. My choices were:

Vestvember
I don't know the details, I just heard it around the Internet. I'm guessing you knit a vest during the month, which isn't that bad.

Pros:
  • a knit wearable!
  • I can knit this vest from a booklet I just bought from Berroco.
Cons:
  • I've never knit something that requires shaping and such like this.
  • would I have to buy yarn?
It seemed like it'd be the easiest one, but I wasn't too thrilled about it.

NaNoWriMo
November is National Novel Writing Month, and for this you write a 50,000 word novel from scratch in a month's time.

Pros:
  • novel!
  • I already have an idea.
  • this will make up for last year which I didn't finish, and a computer virus took out at least half of my writings.
Cons:
  • will I have the time with work, school, getting Christmas presents done?

NaKnitMo
Similar to NaNoWriMo, you knit a minimum of 30,000 stitches.

Pros:
  • I'll be knitting a ton anyway.
  • this will probably be a piece of cake.
Cons:
  • does crochet count?
  • the main offender: how exactly do I could the stitches? I can't just estimate either because of the OCD.
Finally, I figured I could just do a granny square - a - day like I did in April and May. I have to finish my grandma's afghan, and there's always granny squares, granny daughters or hexagons that can be finished in my house. I wasn't sure what to do, and then my semi-bad cold turned into [what seemed like] a lethal one and I was out of commission over the weekend. Monday I ended up doing a square, but felt like crap still yesterday and had a bad day at work so I didn't even want to look at crochet. So what I've decided to do is actually knit or crochet something everyday, a little bit of something, and to get my Christmas gifts finished! I know they might increase my hours in December, and I don't want to be scrambling around knitting as well. Next year, maybe we'll try NaNoWriMo again. I was looking forward to it, but Monday I didn't even look at my computer. In fact, I might take a nap now and regain my strength before my 4.30 class. So much for waking up early and doing stuff.

3 comments:

Esshaych said...

Hope you're feeling better now! :) I've felt crap this week too.
I haven't known what to do this month either - I was going to do a 30 Day Craft Meme but forget to start on the 1st lol Think I'm just going to do stuff for the craft fair :)

rosehippo said...

Ugh, I would say it's going around, but there's quite a distance there. :z

Ooo, can I have a link/can you email me the 30 Day Meme? I'm definitely interested, even if I still have to get Christmas stuff done!

Esshaych said...

Yep! Will do so now! :D