Thursday, December 9, 2010

Last minute trip to New York City!

After that whole "5 day long migraine and emergency room" affair, Forever 21 has cut my hours. It isn't that bad, because it means I have more free time to study knit and crochet Christmas gifts. I don't even have to work this weekend, and since my birthday is Saturday I called John and asked if I could visit and he said it was ok! So I'll be heading out later this evening, until Monday afternoon. I'm thrilled, though not too excited about the chilly weather. I hope to go check out Brooklyn College and compare it with York College to see which one I like better to transfer. There's also a Pop Art exhibit at the MoMA John wants to go to, and apparently a big sale of Dali pieces at the Time Warner building in Columbus Circle I want to check out. Add to that a really cool vintage store John told me about, and of course Christmas shopping. (Which means those of you who are getting mailed gifts, they may be a little late, especially Sarah, but it'll be on it's way. I haven't forgotten about my crafty friends!) John will be working a lot, so I hope to study and get some of my Christmas gifts done. And, at gallery hanahou there's a new show, Luv-able Hug-able that I really hope to go check out, featuring works from Mochimochi Land and Gourmet Amigurmi. And since it's my birthday there might be a yarn store visit in there, too. 


I'm excited, and even though it'll be cold, New York City is amazingly beautiful during Christmas time. 

1 comment:

Esshaych said...

Once again I am jealous you're off to NY! Hope you have a brilliant time! And have a Happy Birthday! Hope John spoils you rotten!! :D