Friday, July 4, 2014

Sewing!

My current mood has been:


And I've been obeying it!  I just knit a Blythe sweater, and yesterday I decided to pull out my sewing machine.  I thought it was broken, but all it was was a messed up bobbin.  Turns out it wasn't winded properly.  

After a quick fix, I dove into my "rainbow stash."  I have 8 or so baggies with fabric scraps according to their color.  I know I got the inspiration from crazy mom quilts, though I have no idea where that post is, especially since I've had these baggies since...2009?  

I decided to freeform sew them, then cut them down later and make a rainbow scrap quilt.  I never knew just how hard it is to freeform; to just pick up scraps and sew them together willy nilly and see what you come up with.  The green one isn't that freeform-y, but if I was doing a different project I know I wouldn't put those together, but for this scrappy-ness, it works. 


For example, I had no idea I had fabric with hippos!

This yellow was the first, and I call this one actual freeform.  It probably isn't, but it's freeform for me.  The different shades, the different patterns, aghh! I don't know why it isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would.  (Though looking at this picture the scrap on the bottom left looks out of place...)


I took some close-ups of this beautiful fabric I have with jolly folks frolicking, but as I uploaded it I realized it wasn't as sweet as I thought.  For example, is this fellow's head facing the wrong way?

"What did you say about my red horse?!  I heard you, don't make me come back."

And the couple is cute, but is that guy on the right drunk?


Yanke...*hiccup*...doodle dangey...*burp*

Oh well, I love it regardless.  I have new needles now, so I'm going to get working.

Happy Fourth! 

No comments: