Friday, September 19, 2014

Lake George

I've decided the nature themed afghan is going to be one that represents Lake George.


Lake George is beautiful, my favorite place in the world, in upstate New York, the Adirondack Mountains.  My grandparents had a house on the lake, but we've unfortunately had to sell it.  

So these grannies will remind me of the lake, the mountains, and being out in pure nature.

Here's a stack of 33 grannies I've done so far.


The plan is to do 99, 11 of each color, to make a 10x9 blanket.  

I've got my eye on some green for joining and the border; maybe I can make a ripply one with some of the blues.

I'm really excited about this! 


2 comments:

CJG said...

What a great idea! And, owning a cottage by a mountain lake is a dream I've always had. It will probably never happen, but curling up under a blanket made with colors from the area would be nice and cozy on a rainy day... and, if I burn a balsam or fir scented candle, I could pretend I was in my lakeside cabin... I can't wait to see the finished blanket. I'm curious to see what you'll choose for a border and what method you'll use to join the squares.

Jillian said...

Ooo, I need to get a candle. I miss that house so much.

I already have joins and border planned, but I'll keep it a surprise. ;)