Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nordic Shawl: Beginnings

After waiting, getting rid of bags of yarn, buying new yarn, and waiting for that to arrive, I've finally been able to start my Nordic Shawl!


Here are the first few rounds.  I'm using yarn that's a bit thinner than what she used, so it's coming out smaller.  It really bothered me at first, but I'll either have a scarf, or just have to add extra rounds.  I've read on Ravelry others who have added rounds, and it seems to work okay in the pattern, no complicated math involved.


And here are my colors.  I'm using Knit Picks Palette in Silver for the main body, the Blossom Heather, Tumeric, Cream, Edamame, Ash, and Pool for the color part.  

My Rose Valley just made some Nordic style wrist warmers, so I think I'll make a matching pair. 

I'm excited to see how this comes out! 

Happy crafting! 

No comments: