Wednesday, March 25, 2009

#32, 38, 62, 70, 90

No, blog, I haven't forgotten you. I've been busy! Let's see what's been going on recently:

32. Watch the first 25 of AFI’s Top 100 Movies of all time. (1/25)
A week or so ago my mom and I watched Bridge on the River Kwai (1957), #13 on AFI's list. It was really good. Obi Wan Kenobi was in it; he was so young! I also didn't know where that whistling tune came from, it's the POWs' working tune. Unfortunately, it's been stuck in my head for the past few days and I can't seem to get it out.

38. Deplete my yarn and fabric stash.
I am going to attempt to complete 50 projects in 2009. My mom was like "bah, you can't do it!" but I'm already at 20. And this scrapghan I'm working on is depleting my stash quickly. Unfortunately, I've been pushed back because I saw an amazing sweater on the March/April of Crochet Today! that I just had to make and went out and bought three skeins of Caron's Simply Soft. BUT I'm going to crochet it up right away so it won't linger in my room and collect dust. I have SO MUCH YARN for SO MANY PROJECTS. It boggles the mind sometime. For more information on the scrapghan (my main source of stash depletion), head over to my main blog, mochaxlight.blogspot.com. :D

62. Spend more time exploring DC.
I haven't really been exploring per se, but I've definitely been there more in the past two weeks that I was there all last year. I went to the Zoo, saw a kora player at the Natural History Museum (which I still need to see its new Ocean Hall), a jazz performance at the Kennedy Center and art by Anselm Kiefer for a paper due tomorrow. A lot of these are for school. I have one more music report due that's going to get done this Sunday at the Kennedy Center. Apparently there's some Japanese band playing. He kicks off the Cherry Blossom Festival.(I'm in a world music class, and only one of our reports can be on "Western" music. The jazz ensemble completes that.) I'm planning on going to the Kite Festival Saturday, I just hope it won't be too cold. And I need to view some more art for my African and German art history classes. I can't wait until it gets warm enough to scoot around Eastern Market comfortably. I'd rather not bundle up. Plus, they'll be selling peaches. Yummy.

70. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy. (21/100)
I've added six new things to my happy list: my iPhone, giving people nicknames and naming inanimate objects (like, my iPhone is named Iffie), when my cats come sit on my lap when I'm reading or knitting (they always come purring like crazy), juice boxes, Flight of the Conchords and (I can't believe this isn't #1) HIPPOS!

90. Try 10 new restaurants. (4/10)
My mom and aunt and I were going to Costco and to visit my Grandma and decided to grab breakfast first. We ate at the Springfield Restaurant and Pizzaria. It had a small town feel and reminded me of the Burnt Hills Diner in upstate NY by my grandparent's house. I ordered french toast and they put gobs of cinnamon on it. Cinnamon + syrup = fattening deliciousness. It was awesome. I should go there again and try some of their pizza.

No comments: