Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crocheting like there's no tomorrow.

No posts would mean I'm not crafting. Wrong! I've been crafting my butt off in the midst of migraines and schoolwork. (Like blogging instead of writing a paper on Anselm Kiefer.) BUT before we go into that, here's a collage I made on Flickr by answering the following questions:

1. What is your favorite name? Eleanor.
2. What is your favorite food? French toast.
3. What is your favorite color? Pink.
4. Favorite drink? Water.
5. Dream vacation? Ireland.
6. Favorite Hobby? Knitting and crocheting.
7. What you want to be/do when you grow up? Owner of a yarn store.
8. What do you love most in life? Boyfriend! And living. And all the people who are important to me.
9. One word to describe you? Complicated.

Check out that Lady Eleanor scarf and the body of one of Elizabeth Doherty's creations. ;)

Anyway, on to FOs. I've been a crocheting fiend in these past few days. I only have 2 more squares to complete before I am completely caught up with the 2009 Block a Month Crochet-a-long on Craftster and Ravelry. The squares are, in order of appearance: March Ravelry Square: March; March Craftster Square: Irish Rose; February Ravelry Special Square: Caring Hearts; Craftster February Square: Center Heart; and January Ravelry Square: Diana's Flower.







I tested a pattern for Nomishona, a flower person. It's so cute! The face came out a bit wonky and looks more like a large shnozz than a pyramid shape, but he's still cute. And of course the Boyfriend decided to shake its head around so the head doesn't stay on his body quite straight, but it's okay; he still looks decent. Her pattern was written wonderfully; no flaws. If she gives it out for free, I highly suggest crocheting this little guy as a spring treat.




I went to Michael's last week to buy yarn for my aunt because she wants a Le Slouch. (Luckily, I'm going to be reimbursed.) I spied the March/April issue of Crochet Today and this shrug on the cover. It's gorgeous! The next day I went back to Michael's and picked up three skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon. (It's almost the same color.) I planned to start swatching this weekend, but I was stricken with the bad side (is there a good side?) of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Gross, I know) :( and migraines. I also started a crochetalong for it on Craftster. Come join us!

No comments: