Sunday, April 19, 2009

Big dump.

Yeah, the title isn't the best but that's basically what this post will comprise of. It's going to be all over the place. School has gotten down to the last two weeks of the semester, which means the professors are loading on the work, spring is here which means hour long walks photographing flowers, and a rise in migraines with the changing of the seasons.

But enough chatter, let's get to the crafts!

For Easter (yes, I'm 21 and still get an Easter basket, shutup >:( ...) I got two new knitting books, Mason Dixon Knitting and Spin to Knit by Shannon Okey. I love both of them and really want to start knitting projects from them and spinning yarn but I have too many projects to get to now and not enough money to buy roving. Maybe we'll try spinning over the summer.

I also got this AWESOME shirt from Craftster. That's right, hardcore crochet at it's best.


~*~

And some finished objects! I'm halfway through getting 50 projects done and it's only April! I'm very proud, especially since Momma Mochaxlight said I wouldn't be able to get them done. D'oh.

#21 is the Stitchy Scrubbie by Maya Mackowiak Elson from the March issue of Crochet Today!



Yarn: Lily's Sugar 'N Creme in Gumdrop and Hot Green
Hook: I (5.5 mm)
Modifications: I didn't double strand the yarn. I have yet to test it to see how much of a difference that makes. For the back, I didn't use a smaller hook and just crocheted the round 'till it made 48 so both sides would be equal for slip stitching together.
Would I make this again? Yes, definitely. It was quick and easy and I'm sure those bobbles are better than getting grease off of Teflon then those iron-y scrubbie things that tears it up.

#22. Zombie Conejito from the Amigurumi Bunny Egg Cozy from the Lion Brand Website. Mr. mochaxlight is more into zombies than fluffy, fuzzy white things, so I figured it would suit him better.



Yarn: Random green worsted weight.
Hook: Trusty H hook
Modifications: I made him zombiefied! He was heavily influenced by this guy. The Mr. liked it; when he first took it out of his Easter basket he was kinda like wtf? but then he got it. I'm glad he likes it. I wanted to make one of ears look like a piece of it was bit off but couldn't figure it out. I completely forgot to add a fluffy green bloody tail. Next time. :]

#23. Albino Flower Person from the pattern by Nomishona for my mom. I picked the colors out beforehand, and after he was all crocheted up and his little pink eyes were added, he looked really albino. But he's cute and was well received. I especially like the larger flower the Homespun gave him.



Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Off White, LB Homespun in Baroque and the same green worsted weight the Zombie Conejito was made from.
Hook: H.

#24. Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli and Chicken.



This is my own recipe, which is why I'm counting it. I kinda made it up as I went along. I melted down cheddar cheese with milk and added some spices, baked the chicken and did the broccoli. The first round didn't come out that well; I had planned to put the melted cheese sauce on top of the chicken and bake it all together but it kinda congealed, so I mixed the cheese sauce with some random shaped macaronis I found in the pantry, added the broccoli and put all that on top of the chicken. It was really good. I can't remember what spices I used, just whatever I have in my pantry. Though I know I used some paprika for some kick.

#25 is going to get it's own post because it's very special. :]

No comments: