Sunday, September 20, 2009

#45 and #46

Remember that whole "50 Projects in 2009!" thing I was going to do, and my mum thought it was hilarious, because there was no way I'd be able to do 50 projects in a year? Yeah, well I'm at number 46, with a whole lot more Christmas presents to go. Take that momma!


#45: Lavender Pink Twist Hat for my Grandma.
Pattern: Garter Stitch Hat with Square Raglan Crown by Zachary L. Loomis (You'll be seeing this hat a lot. I love it. This is my fourth, I'm working on my fifth (as another Christmas present) and I think I have at least one more planned as another Christmas present. I just love the square top!

Yarn: RHSS in Lavender; Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Rose Mist
Needles: US 8 16" circs and DPNs, KnitPicks.com's fabulous nickel (nickle?) plated ones.
Notes: My whole family is working on a large project (which will not be mentioned here because I'm not sure who exactly reads this) and I requested pinks and purples. My grandma (this is the one who taught me my yarn and needle/hook skillz) had some of this yarn left over, and it looked really good together, so I decided to make her a hat, and a matching scarf. My other grandma will get the same set, only with the colors inversed.



#46: Apple Cozy for my Daddy's birthday
Pattern: Adorable Apple Cozy by Theresa Grant

Yarn: Lily Sugar 'N Creme Twists in Green Twists; Pisgah Yarn Peaches & Creme Solids in Red
Hook: G (4.0 mm)
Notes: My daddy likes apples, and I like making cozies. This has been on my list for him for a while. And it kinda matches the ice cream cozy. (No More Cold Fingers When Eating Ice Cream) He thought they both were funny, so I'm not sure how much he'll use it, but oh well, it was quick and cute. And I might steal it for my school apples.

No comments: