Thursday, October 15, 2009

Applesauce, Krakens and Basement Cat

Wee! Anyone else think this new "New Post" box thing on Blogger is pretty cool? I know I'm probably the last one to find it...

New layout! [again!] I figure instead of yoiking other people's images, I can use my own, right? It's from my Scrubbie Buns, that scrubbie thing from Crochet Today! Awesome pattern, I highly recommend it. And I'm too in love with the Minima Stretch template, it's not going anywhere. Very nice and clean. And symmetrical. Symmetrical is good, too.



Crumble topping WIN! I had a craving for some more applesauce bread, and decided I can do a crumble topping. It worked, but next time I think I'll go for butter, sugar and cinnamon with no flour, because taking a big bite of flour isn't too great. My mom's been sick and my daddy doesn't notice things, so I've eaten just about the whole thing. Yum. Guilty? Not one bit, it's way too good.


Staar84 over on Craftster is participating in my WE BELIEVE: The Cryptozoology Swap, and was in my Favorite Book Swap. She felt bad I couldn't participate in the crypto one (School. I was so excited, and so bummed.) so she sent me a little thank you! And look at the awesomeness! She sent a little box decoupaged in nautical themed tissue paper, with The Kraken by Alfred Lord Tennyson and a kraken picture in the frame part! (The kraken/giant squid is my favorite crypto.) OH MAN. It's so gorgeous, I really wish you could see it in real life. And it's neat, and beautiful! I love it so much! Thank you so much Staar84! It really brightened my bummer day dealing my Early Renaissance Art paper. (ARGH THE KRAKEN, ARGH)

And now, for something completely different:



Heehee. I feel so honored when my own Basement Cat, Arwen "helps." She sits on fabric and bags. She's not as bad as Susie Lu who walks over everything, and thinks everything is a toy, including knitting needles and crochet hooks. She bats them around with her paws. I'm missing one of my hooks right now.

Upcoming: Kitty pictures, and some autumn pictures. (And of course, Favorite Things Friday, tomorrow!)

2 comments:

Esshaych said...

All excellent! And that was so nice of Staar84 to send you that fab box!

rosehippo said...

I KNOW! I was so excited! The waterworks started. :b It was SO NICE OF HER, and it's beautiful!